SPONSORED BILLS AND MOTIONS RAISED BY SENATOR ROSE OKO IN THE 8TH SENATE
When a man is not informed, he is deformed.
Senator Rose Okoji Oko, representing Cross River Northern Senatorial District in the upper legislative chamber is the leading Senator with the highest number of bills and motions from CRS and equally leading her female and some of her male counterparts in the 8th Assembly.
Here are some of Senator Rose Oko’s Bills and Motions in 2years which is the first of it kind:
(1) A Bill for an Act to Alter the Provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Cap. C23, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 for the Establishment of the Financial Crimes Court and for Other Matters related thereto -SB 113
(2) A Bill for an Act to Establish the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, provide for the Engagement of Nigerians in Diaspora in the policies, projects and participate in the Development of Nigeria and for the purpose of utilizing the Human, Capital and Material Resources of the Nigerians in Diaspora Towards the Overall Socioeconomic, cultural and Political Development of Nigeria, and Other Matters Related Thereto. (Note, this bill has been passed into law by PMB)
(3) Cassava Flour (Mandatory Inclusion in the Flour Production) Bill, 2016 SB152. (This bill has passed Second reading)
(4) A Bill for an Act to Amend the Central Bank of Nigeria Act No. 7, 2007 to ensure Transparency and Accountability in the Operations of the Bank and Subject the Banks Intervention Advances to the Approval of the National Assembly and for Related Matters. -SB64 (This bill has passed Second reading)
(5) A Bill for an Act to Alter the Provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Cap. C23, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 to provide a Timeframe for the Appointment of Ministers by the President and to ensure that Portfolio are Assigned to Ministerial Nominees with State of Origin Indicated Prior to Confirmation by the Senate and for Other Matters Related Thereto -SB151 (Note, this bill has passed both houses of the National Assembly)
(6) A Bill for an Act to Amend the Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc) Acts, 2011 to Align it with the 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, Ensure Transparency of Its Funding and Entrech Parliamentary Accountability And for Other Matters Connected Therewith -SB38 (Passed Second reading).
MOTIONS MOVED BY SEN. ROSE OKO AMONGST OTHERS
(1) Resurgence of Xenophobic Attacks and Extra -Judicial Killings of Nigerians in South Africa
(2) Motion on Death of Joy Osama
(3) Communal clash between Wanikade and Wanihem Communities of North Ukelle, Yala LGA, CRS
(4) RE: Bakassi Indigenes in Diaspora in the Cameroons.
(5) Motion on killing of Nigerian girls at the Mediterranean sea and
(6) Motion on Blended E-learning for all primary and secondary school students
Compiled by Onah John Joe
She remain the most vibrant, articulate and proactive Senator of Cross River North extraction.