It is not too strange for many people who truly believed in the way and manner House of Representatives member representing Ogoja/Yala Federal Constituency, Hon Jarigbe Agom has piloted the affairs of his constituency with the mindset of a true leader, who really cares for the needs of his people.
Always known for standing for Justice and equity, he was at the fore of those who fought for a Northern Cross River Governor in the PDP 2006 gubernatorial congress, that later produced Senator Liyel Imoke and made himself available to serve PDP, and the state at large at any capacity, no minding the income. This further gave his an appointment
by the Goodluck/Sambo Campaign Organization to Head the Cross River State chapter of the organization. A job he executed diligently, and meticulously, and ensured a landslide victory for Jonathan in Cross River, and by implication, Nigeria at large.
A man of few words and steadfastness in approach, Hon Jarigbe has planted a seed of trust amongst many people within his constituency since taking over the helm of affairs in 2015; a situation which has seen him been recognised by different groups, individuals and cooperate organization, for his outstanding performance within the last three and half years.
It will be recall that Hon Jarigbe was honoured with the prestigious Best Performing Member of Parliament in the 8th Assembly award. by the Niger Delta Youth Council of Nigeria (NDYCN) on Tuesday (13th), November 2018. In his words; “Without the support of the people, I wouldn’t have been a servant leader. Based on performance, we will continue to win this award because we have increased the tempo. When you have the entire political class in your constituency supporting you, you have no excuse than to perform. This award is a challenge to us to continue to perform.”
This has indeed made the people to bestow upon him with that key of re-electing come 2019 even though he has first crossed the first hurdle of winning the party primaries under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Without mincing words, his achievements speaks for him as a man who has contributed massively to the growth and development of Ogoja/Yala Federal Constituency. Besides, philanthropist nature has endeared him into the hearts of many people within his constituency. Not known to create unnecessary public attention whenever he’s empowering the people who made him what he is today, Hon Jarigbe has displayed a sense of maturity in whatever thing he does and truly displayed the hallmark of good leadership.
NOTE: For the records, below are the achievements and bills been sponsored by Honourable Jarigbe…
Number of projects ongoing/completed influenced/attracted to his constituency.
Details of some projects to Hon.Jarigbe Agom’s credit:-
1. Electrification of Idum, Adum & Igbo in Wanihem ward. Yala LGA (Rural Electrification Agency)
2. Supply & Installation of a 500kva transformer in Wanibolor. Yala LGA ( Fed. Mins. of Power Works & Housing)
3. Drilling & Installation of 1 No Motorised borehole in Okuku. Yala LGA.
4. Drilling & Installation of 1No Motorised borehole in Yache. Yala LGA.
5 Drilling & Installation of of 1No Solar Powered borehole in Ikajor Ward Ishibori. Ogoja LGA.
6. Drilling & Installation of 1No Motorised borehole in Nkum Irede, Ibil. Ogoja LGA.
7. Drilling & Installation of 1No Motorised borehole in Idum Mbube. Ogoja LGA.
8. Electrification of Mbube East from Benkpe, Ogoja LGA.
9. Supply & Installation of 500kva transformer in Oboso, Mbube (Fed. Mins.of Power Works & Housing)
10. Empowerment & training of over 250 youths in vocational skill acquisition in his constituency over 8million was giving out in cash for start ups.
11. Supply of educational materials to secondary schools in Nkum Irede ward. Ogoja LGA.
12. Supply of past examination questions & answers to all classes in secondary schools in Ogoja/Yala federal constituency
13. Some youths of his constituency have been recruited into the police, Road Safety, Army, Civil Defence & Federal Civil Service by his recommendation & effort.
14) Facilitated/made funds available for the repair of Ishi-aya bridge, linking Ibil in Ogoja LGA and Okpoma in Yala LGA
15)During his regular Christmas outreach to constituents, for that of 2017, he made cash donations of N6.5Million Naira to Youths, women and stakeholders of both LGAs that make up his Constituency.
16)He also made available (2)new Toyota Corolla vehicles to the two PDP Chapter Chairmen of Ogoja/Yala LGA.
17) He facilitated another vocational skills acquisition/empowerment programme with start up capital in conjunction with PRODA for 200 women & youths of Ogoja/Yala LGAs in November 2017
18)He influenced the Construction of the (old) Union Bank Road, Igoli-Ogoja LGA. (Status:- Awarded)
19) He influenced the Construction of Boki Road in Abakpa, Ogoja LGA.(Status:- Awarded)
20)) Facilitated the Construction of 6 classrooms block with VIP toilets in st. Michael’s Prim School, Ibil, Ogoja LGA.(Status:- Just Awarded)
Ministry of Niger Delta
21)Facilitated the construction of the 2km bad portion of ‘akunakuna’ road, leading to Judges Quarters G.R.A, Ogoja LGA.
(Status:- Just Awarded)
Ministry of Niger Delta
22)Facilitated the construction of Motorised borehole in Mfuma, Igede & Ugaga wards in Yala LGA. (Status:- Just Awarded)
Ministry of Niger Delta
23) NHRC Advocacy & sensitisation of women in Ogoja/Yala LGA on core values and empowerment of the women with stipend as financial assistance.
Hon.Jarigbe also chairs/belongs to series of sensitive committees in the House, one of which is chairman(AD -HOC committee on the investigation of revenue leakages & activities of Department of Petroleum Resources )DPR
His first motion in the house was the design & construction of Yahe, Wanokom, Wanikade, Wanihem & Oju Road,
During the Wanikade/Wanihem Crisis,
he left Abuja that night and got home to intervene. Gave cash donations to both Communities to assist buy food and provided logistics support to the Security Agencies
He intervened in the alleged food poisoning crisis in Oboso, Mbube Ogoja LGA by going to General Hospital Ogoja to pay the bills of over 70 people who were admitted as a result of the crisis.
Pls note:- Hon.Jarigbe, dosen’t allow cameras and Publicity of his charity.
He pays hospital bills for a lot of people quietly and even warn people around him not to publicize such charity gestures because that’s between him & his God.
In the area of lawmaking, Hon. Agom has tenaciously sponsored Ten(10) BILLS & moved FOUR(4) MOTIONS amongst others
Some of these bills includes;
1)HB.1040 Tax Incentive Management and Transparency Bill, 2017
2) HB. 260 Ahmadu Bello University (Transitional Provisions) Repeal Bill, 2015
3) HB.261 University of Ibadan Act (Amendment) Bill, 2015
4)HB.1039 Tertiary Education Trust Fund Act(Amendment) Bill, 2017
5)HB.262 University of Abuja Act (Amendment) Bill, 2015
6) HB1038 Integrated Farm Settlement Centre Bill, 2017
7)HB 263 University of Lagos Act ( Amendment) Bill, 2015
8) University of Calabar Act (Amendment) Bill 2017(Amendment of cap U5 LFN 2004)
9) A Bill for an act to provide for the establishment of a Federal University of Technology, OGOJA and for other matters connected therewith 2018
1) Call for Rehabilitation of the Road from Yahe-Ukelle in Yala LGA of Cross River State to Igede in Oju LGA of Benue State, 25/11/2015
2) Urgent Need to Investigate Acts of Procedural Breach by the Management of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), 08/03/2016
3) Urgent Need to Investigate the Huge Debts Owed to PPMC by Major and Independent Oil Marketets/Sabotage by Some Oil Marketers, 29/09/2016
4) Urgent need to investigate the mysterious death of the Late Joy Odama; Crutech Student, 21 years, from Yala, who died controversially in the house of one Alhaji Usman Adamu in Abuja.
It is of noteworthy that one of Hon. Jarigbe’s bill , HB 262 University of Abuja Act (Amendment) Bill, 2015 has passed the third (3rd) reading and assented to by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It is now gazetted as one of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN).